There are currently no items in your cart.
Works for Violoncello and Piano
Cello, piano - UK Grade 7
Mit der viersatzigen Fassung des Marchens. Composed by Leos Janacek (1854-1928). Edited by Bedrich Havlik, Jiri Fukac, and Jiri Zahradka. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. With the original form of four movements of A Tale. Performance score, part(s). Duration 2 hours, 30 minutes. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09509. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09509).
Item Number: BA.BA09509
ISBN 9790260103849. 31 x 24.3 cm inches.
Leos Janacek wrote only two works for cello and piano, of which only Pohadka (Fairy Tale) became established in the concert repertoire. Although he completed the work, the composer did not want to have it published. The history of the work's composition is long and complicated.
Janacek began writing the work before 1910, however, the Pohadka (Fairy Tale) only received its final form after a series of corrections in 1923.
The second composition, the Presto, is incomplete.
Only a sketch exists which Janacek did not develop further. The original tempo marking of Allegro was changed by Janacek himself to Presto. The work has been discussed under this title in recent Janacek literature.
In the supplement of this edition an early version of A Tale is included. The source to this version is a copy owned by Antonin Vana , one of the first interpreters of the composition. The early version of A Tale offers a valuable and interesting alternative to today's known version with its marked differences such as the considerably changed ending of the first movement and the original form of four movements.
- Urtext from the Janacek Complete Edition
- All available sources have been taken into consideration
- A detailed new foreword by Jiri Zahradka (Czech, English, German)
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
Customers Who Bought Works for Violoncello and Piano Also Bought: