There are currently no items in your cart.
Composed by Louis Vierne (1870-1937). Edited by Helga Schauerte-Maubouet. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Louis Vierne. Complete Piano Works III \| BARENREITER URTEXT. Performance score, anthology. Composed 1916-1922. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09613. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09613).
Item Number: BA.BA09613
ISBN 9790006535842. 31 x 24.3 cm inches. Text Language: French/English/German. Preface: Helga Schauerte-Maubouet/Jean-Pierre Mazeirat.
Louis Vierne is best-known as a famous organist and composer of organ music. Less well-known, as it was not part of his public life but was to a large extent reserved for private circles, was the fact that he was also an outstanding pianist.
His piano works were praised by his contemporaries for their compositional refinement, fine sonority as well as frequent virtuosic passages and are on the same artistic level as his organ works.
The third volume of the chronologically arranged edition of Vierne's works includes"Silhouettes d'enfants"op. 43 in the tradition of 19th century children's pieces and the major work of his later creative period, the four-movement cycle"Solitude"op. 44. It also includes two pieces which only survive in manuscript form, published here for the first time.
- Urtext Edition of Louis Vierne's"Complete Piano Works"in three volumes
- Critical edition based on all available sources
- Includes two previously unpublished works
- With an extensive foreword (Fr/Ger/Eng), Critical Commentary and facsimile pages
"These are excellent, refreshing and innovative publications; I recommend all pianists and teachers looking for new and rewarding repertoire to explore these and have them in their collections."
(Piano Professional Spring 2015)
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
Top Selling Piano Solo Sheet Music