There are currently no items in your cart.
Sunday Morning Organist, Volume 5
Organ - Advanced; Early Advanced; Late Intermediate
Volume 5. Best of the Saint Cecilia Series. Organ - Method or Collection; Other Church; Worship Resources. Alfred's Classic Editions. Sacred. Book. 148 pages. Alfred Music #00-34061. Published by Alfred Music (AP.34061).
Item Number: AP.34061
ISBN 9780739065297. English.
The original Saint Cecilia Series was aptly named for the patron saint of musicians who has often been represented in art as playing the organ. This special edition of the Sunday Morning Organist includes many of the most famous pieces from the original H. W. Gray Series compiled into one convenient resource for professional organists. Many musical genres are represented including traditional hymn tunes, gospel songs, American folk melodies, classical favorites, as well as Christmas and wedding selections. Best of the Saint Cecilia Series provides a valuable collection of performance pieces for the church organist. Titles: Arabesque on Great Is Thy Faithfulness * Fanfare in C for Organ * Festival Piece on Nicaea * Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring * Now Thank We All Our God * Recessional on Hymn to Joy * Rigadoun * Shall We Gather at the River * Sinfonia from the Cantata Wir Danken Dir, Gott * Sinfonies de Fanfares * Solemn Processional * Toccata on Adeste Fideles * Toccata on Nicaea (Holy, Holy, Holy) * Two Preludes on American Hymn Tunes * Two Preludes on Wedding Hymns * Two Sinfonias * Variations on Adeste Fideles * Variations on Angels We Have Heard on High * Variations on Chester * Variations on Simple Gifts. Arioso - I Stand at the Threshold (Sinfonia to Cantata No. 156), Nettleton (Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing) from Two Preludes on American Hymn Tunes, Shall We Gather at the River, Sinfonies de Fanfares 1. Rondeau (From Premiere Suite, mvt. 1), and Toccata from Variations on Angels We Have Heard on High are Federation Festivals 2016-2020 selections. A Federation Festivals 2020-2024 selection.
- Variations on "Chester" Arranged by Stills
- Variations on "Simple Gifts" Arranged by Pethel
- Arabesque on "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" Arranged by Barr
- Fanfare in C for Organ Arranged by Blackmon
- Festival Piece on "Nicaea" Arranged by Westenkuehler
- Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring Arranged by Biggs
- Now Thank We All Our God Arranged by Fox
- Recessional on "Hymn to Joy" Arranged by Corl
- Rigaudon Arranged by Fox
- Shall We Gather At The River Arranged by Barr
- Sinfonia from the Cantata "Wir Danken Dir, Gott" Arranged by Whitford
- Sinfonies de Fanfares Arranged by Gardner
- Solemn Processional Arranged by Pethel
- Toccata on "Adeste Fideles" Arranged by Ruth Elaine Schram
- Toccata on "Nicaea" (Holy, Holy, Holy) Arranged by Long
- Two Preludes on American Hymn Tunes Arranged by Martin
- Two Preludes on Wedding Hymns Arranged by Lovelace
- Two Sinfonias Arranged by Biggs
- Variations on "Adeste Fideles" Arranged by Dupre
- Variations on "Angels We Have Heard on High" Arranged by Helman
Customers Who Bought Sunday Morning Organist, Volume 5 Also Bought: