Suiten, Partiten, Sonaten
Suites, Partitas, Sonatas. Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750). Edited by Siebe Henstra. Arranged by Gustav Leonhardt. This edition: Urtext edition. Transcribed for harpsichord. Collection. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA11820).
Item Number: BA.BA11820
ISBN 9790006562602. 31 x 24.3 cm inches. Text language: English, German.
"I think Bach would have forgiven me for embarking on these transcriptions. Whether he would have forgiven the way I did it is, of course, another matter." (Gustav Leonhardt)
The harpsichordist, conductor and organist Gustav Leonhardt was considered a pioneer of historical performance practice. Between 1968 and 1978 he made harpsichord transcriptions of several of Bach's compositions for unaccompanied violin or violoncello. Now these transcriptions are being made available to us by his pupil, the famed harpsichordist Siebe Henstra, based on the handwritten notes that Leonhardt used for his own performances.
--Informative Foreword by early music specialist Skip Sempe (Ger/Eng)
--Editorial notes by the editor Siebe Henstra.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source descrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
Customers Who Bought Suiten, Partiten, Sonaten Also Bought: