There are currently no items in your cart.
Succeeding with the Masters, Baroque Era, Volume One
Piano - Late Elementary through Intermediate
Composed by Alessandro Scarlatti (1660-1725), Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750), and George Frideric Handel (1685-1759). Edited by Helen Marlais. Classical. Succeeding with the Masters. Contents include: By J.S. Bach: Theme in F major, BWV Anh.131; Minuet in G major, BWV Anh.114; Musette in D major, BWV Anh.126; Minuet in G minor, BWV 822; Minuet in D minor, BWV Anh.132; Minuet in G major, BWV 822; Minuet in G, BWV Anh.116; Minuet in C. Baroque Period. Book. The FJH Music Company Inc #FJH1438. Published by The FJH Music Company Inc (FJ.FJH1438).
Item Number: FJ.FJH1438
Baroque Era, Volume One of Succeeding with the Masters(r) is a collection of 22 graded repertoire pieces by J.S. Bach, Handel and Scarlatti. These works, mostly dances, build a foundation for playing more advanced baroque music. Complete and easily comprehensible overviews of the era's musical characteristics appear throughout, along with composer biographies and illustrative practice strategies. This approach to learning style, technique and historical context provides a valuable foundation for successful performance. Companion recordings of complete performances and a practice strategy workshop is provided.
About Succeeding with the Masters
Succeeding with the Masters is a series dedicated to the authentic keyboard works of the Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and Twentieth-Century masters.
This series provides a complete and easily accessible method for learning and performing the works of the masters. Each book presents the works in historical perspective for the student, and provides the means and the motivation to play these pieces in the correct stylistic, musical, and technical manner. The easily understandable format of practice strategies and musical concepts make this series enjoyable for both students and teachers.
Succeeding with the Masters begins with late-elementary repertoire, continues through intermediate-level works and also includes a few early-advanced works. Upon completion of the series, students will be well prepared for the major keyboard works by the master composers of each era.
- By J.S. Bach: Theme in F major, BWV Anh.131
- Minuet in G major, BWV Anh.114
- Musette in D major, BWV Anh.126
- Minuet in G minor, BWV 822
- Minuet in D minor, BWV Anh.132
- Minuet in G major, BWV 822
- Minuet in G, BWV Anh.116
- Minuet in C minor, AMNB 1722
- Prelude in C major, BWV 939. By Handel: Minuet in G major from Partita in G
- Impertinence, HWV 494
- Minuet in F major from Suite in F major, G.179
- Aria, HWV 449
- Gavotte in G Major, HWV 491
- Sarabande from Suite in D minor, HWV 448
- Air in B flat major from Aylesford Collection
- Sonatina in G major, G.234 HHA iv/6. By Scarlatti: Minuet in G minor, K.88d/L.36
- Minuetto in C major, K.73b/L.217
- Larghetto in D minor, K.34/L.7
- Minuetto in B flat major, K.42/L.36
- Minuetto in C minor, K.40/L.357.
Top Selling Easy Piano Sheet Music