There are currently no items in your cart.
Complete Organ Works II. Composed by Gerard Bunk. Edited by Jan Boecker and Wolfgang Stockmeier. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Gerard Bunk. Complete Organ Works II \| BARENREITER URTEXT. Performance score, anthology. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09282. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09282).
Item Number: BA.BA09282
ISBN 9790006537167. 30 x 23 cm inches. Text Language: German/English. Preface: Jan Boecker/Wolfgang Stockmeier.
Gerard Bunk 1888-1958) was born in Rotterdam. Thanks to Max Reger's support, he became a lecturer at the Dortmund Conservatory and organist at the famousWalcker organ at St. Reinoldi. He was one of the greatest organists of the first half of the 20 th century who, besides Reger, was able to develop his own characteristic style. His organ compositions include free individual works,character pieces, chorale preludes and six large-scale concert works. Volume II contains early works by this composer which, apart from theLegende, have not been previously published.
This Urtext edition, prepared by the composer's grandson, is the result of extensive, meticulous research into the sources and reflects the latest in musicological findings.
Each volume contains a detailed foreword, facsimiles and illustrations and a critical commentary.
The Complete Organ Works will comprise a total of six volumes.
- First Urtext edition of Bunk's complete works
- Each volume contains a detailed foreword(Ger/Eng) and critical commentary (Ger/Eng)
- Includes facsimiles and illustrations
- Volume II contains mainly works published for the first time
Prelude and Fugue op. 17
Nocturne op. 18, 1
Romanze op. 18, 2
Intermezzo op. 18, 3
Intermezzo op. 18, 4
Fuga a 3 voci op. 18, 5
Improvisation op. 28, 1
Albumblatt op. 28, 2
Elegie op. 28, 3
Adagio op. 28, 4
Legende op. 29
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
Customers Who Bought Samtliche Orgelwerke, Band II Also Bought: