There are currently no items in your cart.
Recercari, et Canzoni franzese (Rom, Zannetti, 1615, ?1618)
Organ, piano, harpsichord - Level 4
Rom, Zannetti, 1615, 1618. Composed by Girolamo Frescobaldi (1583-1643). Edited by Christopher Stembridge and Kenneth Gilbert. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Girolamo Frescobaldi. Organ and Keyboard Works 1.1 \| BARENREITER URTEXT. Neuausgabe. Performance score, anthology. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA08411. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA08411).
Item Number: BA.BA08411
ISBN 9790006506217. 24 x 30.5 cm inches.
Girolamo Frescobaldi's music profoundly influenced such composers as Froberger, Buxtehude, J. S. Bach and Muffat. This is a new Urtext edition in four volumes which provides professional musicians, musicologists as well as interested amateurs with a musical text which incorporates the latest musicological research giving a comprehensive account of all currently known sources and their genesis. This edition was prepared by Kenneth Gilbert and Christopher Stembridge , perhaps the leading authorities in the field.
Each volume in the New Frescobaldi Edition opens with an introduction to the genesis, sources, performance practice, and editorial methodology and ends with a critical report.
- Scholarly-critical edition in four volumes
- Forefront of musicological research
- Detailed preface (German/English), critical report (German/English), and catalogue of sources
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding