There are currently no items in your cart.
Volumes 1 and 2. Composed by Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn (1809-1847). Edited by R. Larry Todd. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy. Complete Works for Violoncello and Pianoforte I-II\| BARENREITER URTEXT. Performance score, part(s), anthology. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09098. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09098).
Item Number: BA.BA09098
ISBN 9790006564309. 31 x 24.3 cm inches. Text language: English, German. Preface: Larry R. Todd.
The Mozart of the 19th century
Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy's works for violoncello and piano occupy a special place within the repertoire of cellists and chamber musicians. The lyrical Song without Words (Romance sans paroles) is among the most popular of all teaching pieces.
Mendelssohn was inspired by his contacts with the leading cellists of his day to write for this instrument. This unique Urtext edition contains all of Mendelssohn's finished works for violoncello and piano as well as reconstructions and completions of his unfinished works for the same scoring. The editor R. Larry Todd has composed the cello part for the variations and has completed the graceful Assai tranquillo.
* Urtext edition containing all of Mendelssohn's works for violoncello and piano (2 volumes: BA 9096/BA 9097)
* Also includes reconstructions or completions of Mendelssohn's unfinished works for violoncello and piano
* Informative Foreword (Eng/Ger) and Critical Commentary (Eng) with facsimile pages.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
Customers Who Bought Complete Works for Violoncello and Pianoforte Also Bought: