There are currently no items in your cart.
Organ - Level 4
Composed by Gerard Bunk. Edited by Jan Boecker. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Gerard Bunk. Complete Organ Works V \| BARENREITER URTEXT. Performance score, anthology. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09285. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09285).
Item Number: BA.BA09285
ISBN 9790006537198. 29.9 x 22.9 cm inches. Text Language: German/English. Preface: Jan Boecker.
Gerard Bunk was one of the greatest organists of the first half of the twentieth century. He developed his own characteristic style, independent of Reger. His organ compositions can be divided into individual freely-composed works, character pieces, choral introductions and six large-scale concert pieces.
Volume V presents Bunk's late organ works, which are comparable in quality to the works of Max Reger and Sigfrid Karg-Elert. Harmonically bold and full of individual style, the works provide one of the earliest examples of late Romantic style before the emergence of the Organ Reform Movement.
For this Urtext edition comprehensive source research has been carried out based on the latest musicological findings. Each of the volumes includes a foreword, numerous facsimile pages and illustrations as well as a critical commentary.
The complete edition will incorporate six volumes.
- Edited by the composer's grandson
- Based on the latest musicological findings
- Detailed foreword (Ger/Eng) and critical commentary (Ger/Eng)
- Numerous facsimile pages and illustrations
- Six Organ Pieces op. 65:
No. 1: Stimmungsbild
No. 2: Idylle
No. 3: Consolation
No. 4: Melodie
Nr. 5: Trauungszug
No. 6: Duo (Canon)
- op. 80
- op. 81
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
Customers Who Bought Complete Organ Works, Volume V Also Bought: