There are currently no items in your cart.
Ausgewahlte Werke fur Tasteninstrumente, Band I
Organ, piano, harpsichord
Hymns and Versets. Composed by Antonio de Cabezon (1510-1566). Edited by Gerhard Doderer and Miguel Bernal Ripoll. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Antonio de Cabezon. Selected Works for Keyboard, Volume I \| BARENREITER URTEXT. Performance score, anthology. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09261. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09261).
Item Number: BA.BA09261
ISBN 9790006529216. 30.5 x 24 cm inches. Text Language: German/English.
The court organist Antonio de Cabezon, who was appointed to Queen Isabella's court chapel in Toledo at the young age of 16, was rightly regarded by his contemporaries as the leading Spanish organist and keyboard player of the 16 th century. His hymns and versets are based on short, decorated harmonisations of the psalm tones. In the tientos, the transformation from vocal motet style to a style of writing suitable for keyboard instruments is perfectly executed.
This Urtext edition contains a selection of Cabezon's best known works and will consist of four volumes. It has been prepared by two editors working at Portuguese and Spanish universities who are both leading scholars of the works of Cabezon and reflects the latest research findings.
- First scholarly-critical edition of selected works by the leading Spanish organist
- Reflects the latest research findings
- Each volume with a foreword (Ger/Eng) with tips on editorial technique, critical commentary (Ger/Eng) and index of sources
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
Customers Who Bought Ausgewahlte Werke fur Tasteninstrumente, Band I Also Bought: