There are currently no items in your cart.
Piano, Descant Recorder (Saddle stitching) - intermediate
12 Pieces for Descant Recorder and Keyboard. Composed by Henry Purcell (1659-1695). Edited by Gwilym Beechey. This edition: Saddle stitching. Sheet music. Woodwind. Classical. CD only. 24 Pages pages. Schott Music #ED 13217. Published by Schott Music (HL.49017034).
Item Number: HL.49017034
ISBN 978-1-84761-136-9. 9.25x12 inches.
Henry Purcell became an increasingly prolific composer of incidental music for the theatre in the late 1680s and 1690s. Gwilym Beechey, following on from his First and Second Sets of Theatre Tunes (ED 12232, ED 12294) has skilfully selected and arranged 12 of these theatre works for the intermediate descant recorder player. Pieces include Airs, Hornpipes, Borees, a Rondeau and a March composed as incidental music for the plays The Married Beau (1694), Bonduca (1695), The Double Dealer (1693), The Gordion Knot Unty'd (1691), The Rival Sisters (1695) and The Virtuous Wife (1694).
- March in G major from The Married Beau
- Air in D minor from Bonduca
- Hornpipe in F major from The Double Dealer
- Air in G minor from The Double Dealer
- Air in D major from The Gordion Knot Unty'd
- Rondeau Minuet in G minor from The Gordion Knot Unty'd
- Air in D major from The Rival Sisters
- Slow Air in C minor from The Virtuous Wife
- Boree in D major from The Rival Sisters
- Hornpipe in F major from The Married Beau
- Boree in G minor from The Virtuous Wife
- Hornpipe on a Ground in C major from The Married Beau
Customers Who Bought A Third Set of Theatre Tunes Also Bought: