Composed by Francois Clement Theodore Dubois (1837-1924). Edited by Helga Schauerte-Maubouet. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Leon Boellmann. Complete Organ Works II \| BARENREITER URTEXT. Urtext Edition. Classical and Classical Period. Playing Score. With introductory text, performance notes, facsimiles, critical commentary and glossary of terms. 80 pages. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA08469. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA08469).
Item Number: BA.BA08469
ISBN 9790006531622. 9x12 inches. Text Language: French/English/German. Preface: Helga Schauerte-Maubouet.
Theodore Dubois (1837-1924) was one of the leading Parisian composers of the nineteenth century. Although his contemporaries frequently compared him to Delibes, Widor , and Lalo , his compositional style owes less to his own age than to the music of Mendelssohn, Weber, Gounod, and Berlioz.
Volume II of this"Urtext"edition of Dubois's organ music - the first edition of its kind - contains pieces for three-manual organ dating from his tenure as organist at the Church of La Madeleine in Paris . Straightforward in form, these works, all composed between 1877 and 1896, reflect his concern to produce music equally at home in the church and concert hall. Besides a detailed critical commentary in German, English, and French, the volume also contains a preface, facsimiles, and a catalogue of sources.
- First Urtext edition of Dubois's organ music
- At the cutting edge of scholarship
- Music for church service and concert performance
- Detailed preface, critical commentary (German, English, French), and facsimiles
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding