Piano Piano solo (Piano solo) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Piano Solo. Composed by Franz Liszt (1811-1886). Edited by Ernst Herttrich. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: V and 21. Classical. Softcover. 27 pages. G. Henle #HN813. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480813).
Item Number: HL.51480813
ISBN 9790201808130. 9.25x12.25 inches.
"Obermann," the epistolary novel by the French Romantic Senancour, inspired Liszt to write the first volume in his collection "Annees de Pelerinage" (HN 173). A wanderer is searching for his ideals in the solitude of the Swiss mountains. The composer was able to identify with these ideas to such a great degree that he prefaced the eighth piece ("Le Mal de Pays") with an extract from the novel's 38th letter. It is this text which also accompanies our edition of the sixth piece "Vall'e d'Obermann." To aid comprehension we have also included translations of the French original into German and English. Now the most important composition in the "Annees I" is also available in a separate Henle urtext edition.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.