Piano Piano solo (Piano solo) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Piano Solo. Composed by Franz Liszt (1811-1886). Edited by Ernst Herttrich. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: VI and 14. Classical. Softcover. 20 pages. G. Henle #HN804. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480804).
Item Number: HL.51480804
ISBN 9790201808048. 9.25x12.25 inches.
We have begun with numbers 2 and 6: in the coming years we will be producing editions of all of Franz Liszt's "Hungarian Rhapsodies," brilliant pianistic excesses and a favourite with all virtuosos. Hungarian folk music was a source of inspiration for Liszt throughout his life. The best known example is the "Rhapsodies hongroises" for piano, which made the characteristic syncopated rhythms of the puszta melodies and the fiery temperament of the czardas famous throughout the world. The popularity of these very demanding showpieces for the piano is shown by the countless arrangements which even include transcriptions for orchestra.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.