Mixed choir, orchestra (SATB Choir, 2 Ob, 2 clarinet, 2 bassoon, 2 Hn, 2 Trp, 3trombone, timpani, Org ad lib., Basso ad lib.) - Level 2
Composed by Franz Schubert (1797-1828). Edited by Michael Kube. This edition: urtext edition. Stapled. Barenreiter Urtext. Score. D 872. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA07599. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA07599).
Item Number: BA.BA07599
ISBN 9790006521944. 31 x 24.3 cm inches. Language: German, Text Language: German. Preface: Michael Kube.
Franz Schubert's popular German Mass of 1827 follows in the footsteps of Michael Haydn's work Deutsches Hochamt by turning to a German translation of the Ordinary mass. Its homophonic texture and largely syllabic setting of the words make it more accessible to lay choruses than Schubert's masses in Latin, an advantage reinforced by its diatonic melodic writing and constantly slow tempos.
The present edition reproduces the Urtext from the New Schubert Edition and presents the definitive second version for chorus and wind instruments. Since the piano reduction basically follows the choral lines and Schubert's original organ part, however, the Mass can also be performed with organ accompaniment.
- Urtext from the New Schubert Edition
- Standard work in the church music repertoire
- Can be accompanied by organ or wind instruments
- No vocal soloists necessary
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding