Strings Violin solo (Violin solo) - Henle Level 7-9
Composed by Eugene Ysaye (1858-1931). Edited by Norbert Gertsch. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Only with marked string part; original fingering by the composer. Classical. Solo part (softcover). 66 pages. G. Henle #HN776. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480776).
Item Number: HL.51480776
ISBN 9790201807768. 9.25x12.25 inches.
First came Johann Sebastian Bach's sonatas and partitas, then Nicola Paganini's caprices. Now, with the op. 27 sonatas of Eugene Ysaye, the key works in the repertoire for unaccompanied violin are available in urtext editions from Henle. Ysaye peppered these challenging works with extraordinary difficulties, dedicating each of them to a virtuoso violinist of his day and tailoring it to suit his special capabilities. Thanks to newly discovered source material, we are able to present a “definitive text” that in many respects supersedes the previously available text from the first edition.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)