Wind Instruments French Horn, Piano Accompaniment (Horn and Piano)
Horn and Piano Reduction (with parts in E-Flat and F). Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791). Edited by Henrik Wiese. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: Score = IV and 27 * Hr F Part = 8 * Hr E-flat Part = 8 * Parts in original color. Classical. Softcover Piano Reduction. 48 pages. G. Henle #HN704. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480704).
Item Number: HL.51480704
ISBN 9790201807041. 9.25x12.25 inches.
Oddly, Mozart wrote out the score of his most famous horn concerto not only in black ink but also in red, green, and blue. Whether he meant this as a genial prank or had higher aspirations in mind will remain an eternal mystery. Whatever the case, Henle's piano reduction takes Mozart at his word and prints the enclosed urtext horn part in exactly the same colors as are found in the autograph score. Perhaps the multi--colored publication will inspire horn players to create new interpretations of this popular concerto.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)