Strings Piano Accompaniment, Violin (Violin and Piano) - Henle Level 8
Violin and Piano. Composed by Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn (1809-1847). Edited by Ullrich Scheideler. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: Score = VII and 54 * Vl Part = 14. Classical. Softcover Piano Reduction. 62 pages. G. Henle #HN720. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480720).
Item Number: HL.51480720
ISBN 9790201807201. 9.25x12.25 inches.
For the first time this celebrated concerto will now appear in a source-critical edition. Ullrich Scheideler depicts how the work evolved, describes its sources, and comments on the musical text. The well-known violinist Igor Ozim has marked up Mendelssohn's approved violin part, adding fingering and bowing marks as an aid to today's performers. He has also supplied a separate commentary showing that Mendelssohn's autograph already contains useful suggestions for shaping the solo part. The piano reduction – a revised version of the one that accompanied the first edition – lies well under the fingers while remaining as faithful as possible to the original text.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)