Piano 2 Pianos, 4 Hands, Piano Duet (2 Pianos, 4-hands) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
2 Pianos, 4 Hands. Composed by Edvard Grieg (1843-1907). Edited by Einar Steen-Nokleberg and Ernst-Gunter Heinemann. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: VII and 63. Classical. Softcover Piano Reduction. 63 pages. G. Henle #HN719. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480719).
Item Number: HL.51480719
ISBN 9790201807195. 9.25x12.25 inches.
Grieg's celebrated Piano Concerto turns out to be an editor's nightmare. Even during the composer's lifetime the work was so famous that it had to be reprinted over and over again, each time with revisions from the composer. A detailed preface throws light into the mare's nest of the sources. Einar Steen-Nokleberg, equally well-known for his complete recording of Grieg's piano music, has judiciously revised the piano reduction to make it more playable.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.