Strings Piano Accompaniment, Violin (Violin and Piano) - Henle Level 9
Violin with Piano Reduction. Composed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840-1893). Edited by Polina E. Vajdman. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: Score: VIII and 60 * Vl Part = 31. Classical. Softcover Piano Reduction. 144 pages. G. Henle #HN685. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480685).
Item Number: HL.51480685
ISBN 9790201806853. 9.25x12.25 inches.
Eduard Hanslick, a much feared critic in his time, was not very complimentary following its première: the violin was no longer being played but rather pulled about, torn asunder, beaten black and blue. Yet he was not able to stop the triumphal march of Tchaikovsky's only violin concerto. Its incredible technical demands have meant that it is a true test of virtuosity. Its effectivenessis, however, mainly due to its great expressiveness – are there any violinists who do not love the lyrical melancholic Canzonetta? – and due to its Slavic temperament. At last and indeed for the first time this milestone in the violinist's repertoire is now available in a text-critical edition, which is true to its original form.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)