Strings Cello, Piano (Violoncello and Piano)
Edition for Viola da Gamba (Violoncello) and Harpsichord BWV 1027-1029. Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750). Edited by Ernst-Gunter Heinemann and Rainer Zipperling. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: Score = IV and 54 * Vc Part = 19 * Viola da gamba Part = 19. Baroque. Collection and set of parts (softcover). With introductory text, performance notes and fingerings. 96 pages. G. Henle #HN676. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480676).
Item Number: HL.51480676
ISBN 9790201806761. 9x12 inches.
The core repertoire of low string instruments would not be the same without Johann Sebastian Bach's three gamba sonatas, which hark back to other works by him that were originally scored for different performing forces. They all share a strict three-part texture (gamba and two-voice keyboard). Today the sonatas are mostly played on the cello, which can assimilate the gamba's original music changed.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)