Strings Cello (Violoncello solo)
Cello Solo. Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750). Edited by Egon Voss. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. With marked and unmarked string parts. ABRSM syllabus Grade: 6,7,8 -- TCL 2016 Grade: 6, 7, 8. Classical. 140 pages. G. Henle #HN666. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480666).
Item Number: HL.51480666
ISBN 9790201806662. 9.25x12.25 inches.
The most important source for Bach's Cello Suites is a copy made by his wife Anna Magdalena because the autograph is no longer extant. As further copies show, the actual musical text is scarcely problematic. However, the slurs, which are particularly important for string instruments, are very inexact and compel the editor to make difficult decisions. Our practical edition, HN 666, is in two parts. It not only offers the Urtext edition – with preface and critical commentary – but also a part for playing. The new study edition contains the Urtext part, but in addition offers a reproduction of Anna Magdalena's copy. This means that both cellists and music lovers alike are able to form their own opinion about the much discussed problems.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)