Vocal Ensemble Piano, Voice (Voice and Piano)
Polyphonic Songs with Piano (partly with choir). Composed by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827). Edited by Helga Luhning. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: IX and 32. Classical. Softcover. 40 pages. G. Henle #HN542. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480542).
Item Number: HL.51480542
ISBN 9790201805429. 9.25x12.25 inches.
It is hard to believe that all of the five works included in this edition were previously unknown to musicians. So there are in fact unknown works by Beethoven for singers to discover! The five short vocal works for several voices are ideally meant to be sung by soloists accompanied by piano obbligato. There are three Serenades (Nos. 1-3) and two original arrangements of extremely well-known choral compositions, namely the “Bundeslied” op. 122 and the “Opferlied” op. 121b.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)