Piano Piano (Piano solo) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Piano Solo. Composed by Franz Liszt (1811-1886). Edited by Rena Charnin Mueller. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: VI and 46. Classical. Softcover. 52 pages. G. Henle #HN490. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480490).
Item Number: HL.51480490
ISBN 9790201804903. 9.25x12.25 inches.
Liszt wrote his two Ballades in 1845-49 and 1853 during a time of personal turmoil. The successful virtuoso increasingly saw himself as a composer who strove after formal clarity, as shown by the B minor sonata that was also composed in 1853. When Liszt began work on the first Ballade, he had just separated from his mistress of many years, Marie Comtesse d'Agoult. He called the first sketches for the work Dernières Illusions. A better-known work is the second Ballade in B minor, with whose ending he struggled (the two fortissimo endings in Liszt's autograph have been published for the first time in the appendix to our edition).
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.