Piano 2 Pianos, 4 Hands, Piano Duet (2 Pianos, 4-hands) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
2 Pianos, 4 Hands. Composed by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827). Edited by Hans-Werner Kuethen. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: VIII and 104. Classical. Softcover Piano Reduction. 112 pages. G. Henle #HN433. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480433).
Item Number: HL.51480433
ISBN 9790201804330. 9.25x12.25 inches.
Ludwig van Beethoven conquered the musical city of Vienna as a pianist, creating outstanding works for his instrument. These also include his five piano concertos. The Concerto No. 1 in C major op. 15 immediately attracted great attention. Its broad structure, the large orchestral accompaniment and the powerful, brilliant solo part represent a clear evolution of this genre after Mozart. This study edition provides the text of the Beethoven Complete Edition in a handy format and is complemented by a detailed preface about the work's complex genesis and source situation. This edition corrects numerous errors and irregularities that were found in earlier editions. The specialist press was full of praise: “Hans-Werner Kuthen gives these masterpieces the editions that they deserve.&rdquo.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.