Strings Cello, Piano (Violoncello and Piano)
With Cadenzas. Composed by Franz Joseph Haydn (1732-1809). Edited by Sonja Gerlach and S. Gerlach. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Piano Reduction-paper bound. Classical. Single piece and set of parts (softcover). With introductory text, bowings and fingerings. 46 pages. G. Henle #HN418. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480418).
Item Number: HL.51480418
ISBN 9790201804187. 9x12 inches.
During Joseph Haydn's lifetime, concertos for solo instruments and ensemble were generally written for a particular musician. In the case of Haydn's violoncello Concerto in D major Hob. VII:2, this person was Anton Kraft, first cello in the Esterhazy ensemble and later one of Vienna's greatest virtuosi. This composition for a particular occasion has become a masterpiece for the ages; an autograph score by the composer survives, dating from 1783. The services of Haydn specialist Sonja Gerlach have been obtained for this edition of the concerto with piano accompaniment. She enriches the Urtext edition with a detailed preface that also examines the execution of the ornaments and the cadenzas.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)