Piano Piano solo (Piano solo) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Piano Solo. Composed by Claude Debussy (1862-1918). Edited by Ernst-Gunter Heinemann. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: 6. Classical. Softcover. 8 pages. G. Henle #HN391. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480391).
Item Number: HL.51480391
This piece, probably the young Debussy's best known piano piece, was the slow third movement of his Suite bergamasque (HN 381) in four movements. Although it is conventional as far as the harmony is concerned, the tonal and melodic details already anticipate Debussy's later piano style. The suite was only published in 1905, although Debussy had made it clear by adding the date of composition “1890” to the proofs that it was an earlier work. The fact that he agreed to its publication shows that he still identified with this piece from a period whose style he had long since left behind him.
Fingering: Hans-Martin Theopold.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.