Strings Piano Accompaniment, Violin (Violin solo) - Henle Level 5-9
Violin Solo. Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750). Edited by Klaus Ronnau. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: VII and 62 * Vl Part with editorial annotations = VII and 62. Classical. Softcover. 142 pages. G. Henle #HN356. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480356).
Item Number: HL.51480356
ISBN 9790201803562. 9.25x12.25 inches.
Bach's six vioin soli have come down to us in a particularly beautiful fair copy made by the composer himself. They, along with the six cello suites, are regarded as musical and technical milestones of musical literature. Bach skillfully employs the resources of the violin to produce genuine polyphony in some sections through the use of arpeggiated chords and double stops. The culmination of these achievements is the famous Chaconne from the second Partita, which achieves great musical density while presenting the violinist with previously unheard-of technical challenges. The part marked by Wolfgang Schneiderhahn accomodates practical use and includes suggestions for accords and arpeggios.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)