Strings Piano, Violin (Violin and Piano) - Henle Level 6-8
Composed by Franz Schubert (1797-1828). Edited by Ernst Herttrich. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. With marked and unmarked string parts. Classical. Softcover. 155 pages. G. Henle #HN287. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480287).
Item Number: HL.51480287
ISBN 9790201802879. 9.25x12.25 inches.
Schubert's three grand pianos for violin and piano occupy pride of place amoung his foremost works. In the A major Sonata D 574 of Summer 1817, he continued to elaborate what was still a simple interplay of the violin and piano in the violin sonatinas (see HN 6) and reached his greatest mastery here. He increased the intensity of hia writing into genuine virtuosity in the B minor Rondo D 895 composed in late 1826. The critics of Schubert's day were already praising “the bold master of harmony” and “the fiery fantasy” of the piece. In the Fantasie in C Major D 934, written one year later, Schubert brackets an Andantino with Variations on the song “Sei mir gegrüsst” D 741 with sections that are tastefully interwoven with the theme of the lied.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)