Chamber Ensemble String Instruments (Various) (2 Violins, Viola, Violoncello)
Set of Parts (Edition with fingering). Composed by Franz Joseph Haydn (1732-1809). Edited by Sonja Gerlach and Georg Feder. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: Vl I Part = 39 * Vl II Part = 31 * Va Part = 27 * Vc Part = 27. Classical. Set of Parts. 128 pages. G. Henle #HN209. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480209).
Item Number: HL.51480209
ISBN 9790201802091. 9.25x12.25 inches.
Haydn allowed about ten years to pass before composing a new cycle of string quartets after opus 20: the so-called “Russian Quartets.” This is the first series of quartets that we know he wrote with publication in mind. “They are in a completely new and special manner,” he wrote in several letters, and he was certainly not just referring to the fact that “Scherzi” replaced the minuets for the first time. Music lovers particularly appreciate the melodic ideas; thus the rich ornamentation of the main motif of op. 33,3, gave the quartet its nickname “Bird Quartet.&rdquo.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)