Piano Piano solo (Piano solo) - SMP Level 7 (Late Intermediate)
Piano Solo. Composed by Franz Schubert (1797-1828). Edited by Paul Mies. Arranged by Hans-Martin Theopold. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: 108. Classical. Softcover. 112 pages. G. Henle #HN76. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480076).
Item Number: HL.51480076
ISBN 9790201800769. 9.25x12.25 inches.
Schubert at the piano, with his inexhaustible wealth of dance melodies, his friends around him dancing and playing jokes – this is one of the traditional images of Schubert that we so cherish. The term Schubertiade invented for this kind of get-together is now solidly established. This volume contains more than 200 dances, minuets, waltzes (including the famous 34 Valses sentimentales op. 50 and the 12 Valses nobles op. 77) ländler, écossaises, German dances – each lovelier than the next. They were written in the years 1816-1826. In the Appendix one can find another 32 dances, of which only the melodies are transmitted or that were originally most likely intended for other scorings.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 7 (Late Intermediate)
4 to 5-note chords in both hands and scales in octaves in both hands.