Orchestra (Fl, 2 Ob, 2 clarinet, 2 bassoon, 2 Hn, 2 Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass)
Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791). Edited by H. C. Robbins Landon. This edition: urtext edition. Stapled. Barenreiter Urtext. Second version with clarinets. Score. K. 550, No. 40. 62 pages. Duration 40 minutes. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA04724. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA04724).
Item Number: BA.BA04724
ISBN 9790006454198. 31 x 24.3 cm inches. Key: G minor.
Mozart's famous Symphony in G minor K. 550 has come down to us in two versions. The first calls for one flute,two oboes, two bassoons and two horns, as well as strings. Later, Mozart expanded the wind section by adding two clarinets, and at the same time he revised the oboe parts. Even though the version with clarinets is the later one, both versions must be considered as equally authentic.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding