Violin and Piano. Composed by Jakob Dont. Edited by Dominik Rahmer. Henle Music Folios. Classical. Softcover. 50 pages. G. Henle #HN1175. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481175).
Item Number: HL.51481175
9x12 inches. Fingerings: Jakob Dont.
The Viennese Jakob Dont is considered one of the most important violin pedagogues of the nineteenth century and wrote numerous studypieces that are indispensable classics of the pedagogical literature for the violin to this day. Among them are, foremost, his 24 “Études et Caprices” op. 35, which were written between 1840 and 1849 but issued in their definitive form by Dont in an overhauled anthology from 1880. This very advanced collection of etudes (conservatory level) was rapidly so successful that innumerable new, mostly heavily reworked editions appeared in the twentieth century from violinists such as Carl Flesch, Max Rostal, or Ivan Galamian. Now for the first time, G. Henle Publishers' Urtext edition restores access to the unadulterated original with Dont's authentic fingering and bowing suggestions, and in impressive graphic quality with practical fold-out pages. World-class violinist and prominent pedagogue Antje Weithaas acted as a consultant for this edition and carefully supplemented Dont's original marking.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)