Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, Woodwind Quintet, Clarinet in A - Advanced Intermediate - Digital Download
Composed by Georges Bizet (1838-1875). Arranged by Ray Thompson. Romantic Period, Repertoire, Wedding, Graduation, Recital. Score, Set of Parts. 33 pages. Published by RayThompsonMusic (S0.435097).
Item Number: S0.435097
A Medley of pieces from Bizet's Carmen Suites 1 and 2, arranged wind quintet.
The Carmen Suites are two suites of orchestral music drawn from the music of Georges Bizet's 1875 opera Carmen and compiled posthumously by his friend Ernest Guiraud. They adhere very closely to Bizet's orchestration.
This medley includes the following pieces:
- Prélude – Act I, prelude (fate motive)
- Aragonaise – Interlude (entr'acte) before act 4
- Habanera: Act 1, aria (Carmen) – "L'amour est un oiseau rebelle"
- Séguedille – Act 1, Carmen: "Près des remparts de Séville"
- Les Toréadors – Theme from prelude to act 1 and Procession of the Toreadors from act 4: "Les voici! voici la quadrille des Toreros!"
About SMP Press
This product was created by a member of SMP Press, our global community of independent composers, arrangers, and songwriters. Our independent musicians have created unique compositions and arrangements for the Sheet Music Plus community, many of which are not available anywhere else.
Click here to see more titles from these independent creators and to learn more about SMP Press.
Please note this product may not be eligible for all sales, promotions or coupons offered through Sheet Music Plus - please check promotional details for specifics.