Wind Instruments Piano Accompaniment, Trombone (Trombone and Piano)
Trombone and Piano. Composed by Felix Alexandre Guilmant (1837-1911). Edited by Dominik Rahmer. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Classical. Score and Parts. 21 pages. G. Henle #HN1090. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481090).
Item Number: HL.51481090
ISBN 9790201810904. 9x12 inches. Fingering: Klaus Schilde.
Alexandre Guilmant was one of the greatest representatives of the French Romantic organ school, and composed almost exclusively for his instrument. A rare exception is this “Morceau symphonique,” written in 1902 for the Paris Conservatoire's annual trombone class competition. The charming piece soon found its way into the repertoire – as did Saint-Saëns's “Cavatine” (HN 1119) – and is today among the essential standard works of trombone literature. The “Morceau symphonique” is here offered in its first-ever Urtext edition, based on the autograph and the first edition. We also offer here a particularly special treat: the sight-reading piece that Guilmant wrote for the same competition, which had until now slumbered in the archives and is here published for the very first time.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)