Wind Instruments / String Instruments Basso Continuo, Flute, Violin (Flute / Violin and Piano) - L6, L7
[Methodische Sonaten fur Flote oder Violine und Continuo - Band II]. Composed by Georg Philipp Telemann (1681-1767). Edited by Wolfgang Kostujak. Sheet music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Classical. Score and Parts. 142 pages. G. Henle #HN1466. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481466).
Item Number: HL.51481466
ISBN 9790201814667. 9x12 inches.
“Methodical” was how Telemann's six sonatas were described when they were published in 1732, because they included a second, ornamented version of the simple melody line of the solo instrument for the slow opening movements and for the second movement of the C-minor sonata. This edition has separate solo and bass continuo parts that contain the other part in each case for orientation purposes. There is also an additional part featuring only the figured bass line.
Volume 1 of “Methodical Sonatas” is also available, meaning that all twelve of Telemann's sonatas are now available as Henle Urtext editions.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)