Orchestra (2 Fl, 2 Ob, 2 clarinet, 2 bassoon, 4Hn, 2 Trp, timpani, 2 harp, 2 V, Va, 2 Vc, double bass)
Suite for Orchestra. Composed by Gabriel Faure (1845-1924). Edited by Robin Tait. This edition: urtext edition. Stapled. Barenreiter Urtext. Score. Opus 80. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA07895. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA07895).
Item Number: BA.BA07895
ISBN 9790006562565. 31 x 24.3 cm inches. Text language: English, French, German. Preface: Robin Tait.
Incidental music with the famous Sicilienne
Faure wrote Pelleas et Melisande in 1898 originally as incidental music to Maurice Maeterlinck's like-named play. After the premiere and subsequent performances, he set about reworking the musical material into an orchestral suite. The premiere of the originally three-movement suite took place in February 1901 under the baton of Camille Chevillard.
In December 1912, the four-movement version of Pelleas et Melisande was finally premiered. The additional movement, the Sicilienne, was taken from the third interlude of the incidental music. This delightful piece would later become one of Faure's most popular compositions and now exists in countless arrangements.
BA$?renreiter's new scholarly-critical edition of the four-movement orchestral suite Pelleas et Melisande op. 80 is based on Gabriel Faure The Complete Works, Volume IV/2 which appeared in 2016.
* First Urtext edition
* Based on Gabriel Faure The Complete Works
* Score and orchestral parts in a large format (25.5 x 32.5 cm).
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding