Wind Instruments / String Instruments Flute, Violin (Flute / Violin and Piano)
Composed by Georg Philipp Telemann (1681-1767). Edited by Wolfgang Kostujak. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Classical. Softcover. 194 pages. G. Henle #HN1266. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481266).
Item Number: HL.51481266
ISBN 9790201812663. 9.25x12 inches.
Telemann's sonatas, published in 1728, are “methodical” according to the meaning of the word in his own day, since in addition to the plain melody line given to the soloist in the first movements they also provide an ornamented variant each time. Henle publishers commend this instructive and, at the same time, very enjoyable music to today's flautists and violinists. G. Henle's luxurious new publication offers a solo and basso-continuo part in which the two instrumental lines are aligned for orientation, plus another part that gives only an unrealized (but figured) bass line. The Henle edition also includes a full score with a stylistically appropriate continuo realization.
“These six sonatas in Volume 1 (of the twelve) are gems which provide flutists the opportunity to study the art of ornamentation. Telemann has ornamented the first movements of each sonata. This beautiful edition includes a basso continuo part to aid in understanding the harmony.” –Flute Talk
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)