Piano Piano (2 Pianos, 4-hands)
Piano Reduction. Composed by Camille Saint-Saens (1835-1921). Edited by Peter Jost. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Classical. Softcover Piano Reduction. 84 pages. G. Henle #HN1355. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481355).
Item Number: HL.51481355
ISBN 9790201813554. 9.25x12.25 inches.
Given Saint-Saëns' talents both as pianist and composer, it stood to reason that he would engage with the piano concerto genre early on. But he gave a clear renunciation of the “concerto brilliant” that was dominant in France at that time, declaring instead that “the solo part of a concerto must be set out, and treated, like a dramatic role.” He realised this concept of a “symphonic concerto” in this second piano concerto, composed in 1868. The solo part is technically very challenging, and at the same time closely bound up with the orchestra. Johannes Umbreit is responsible for the piano reduction, based on the composer's own version for two pianos; Pascal Rogé supplies the fingerings for the solo part.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)