Piano Piano (Piano solo) - Henle Level 6-7
Piano Solo. Composed by Anton Webern (1883-1945). Edited by Ullrich Scheideler. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Classical. Softcover. 20 pages. G. Henle #HN1344. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481344).
Item Number: HL.51481344
ISBN 9790201813448. 9.25x12 inches.
Following Alban Berg, Anton Webern is the second composer of the Second Viennese School to be included in the Henle catalog. Webern's music is known for its extreme brevity and strict organization. A performance of the Variations Op. 27 lasts less than ten minutes - a short period of time during which the audience experiences true extremes. Webern rehearsed the piece with several pianists, which resulted in surprisingly emotional aids to interpretation being handed down. Having consulted all of the available sources, editor Ullrich Scheideler now presents the reviewed musical text and furthermore documents the work's complex genesis and Webern's insightful instructions regarding its performance. A classic of modern music, now also available in Henle blue.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)