Wind Instruments Clarinet, Piano Accompaniment (Score and Solo Part)
Clarinet and Piano. Composed by Bernhard Henrik Crusell (1775-1838). Edited by Nicolai Pfeffer. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. For Clarinet in B-flat. Classical. Softcover. 50 pages. G. Henle #HN1208. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481208).
Item Number: HL.51481208
ISBN 9790201812083. 9.25x12.25 inches.
This edition completes Henle's series of all three clarinet concertos by the Swedish composer and clarinetist Bernhard Henrik Crusell. Issued in Leipzig in 1811, it was his first published work but had definitely been composed several years prior to this. With its elegant head movement and the simple and moving Adagio, it is probably the most “Mozartian” of all of his three concertos, although the final rondo is reminiscent of Carl Maria von Weber. The editor and clarinetist Nicolai Pfeffer is now presenting this charming work, between Classicism and Romanticism, on the basis of the first edition. The piano reduction wonderfully fits the hands and was prepared by Johannes Umbreit on the basis of the original orchestral parts.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)