Chamber Ensemble 2 Horns (Eb/B-flat), 2 Oboes, 2 Clarinets (B-flat) and 2 Bassoons (2 Horns (Eb/Bb), 2 Oboes, 2 Clarinets (Bb) and 2 Bassoons)
For Wind Octet 2 Horns (E-flat/B-flat), 2 Oboes, 2 Clarinets, 2 B. Composed by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827). Edited by Egon Voss. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. With parts for horn in Eb, B-flat and F and clarinet in B. Classical. Softcover. 128 pages. G. Henle #HN1254. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481254).
Item Number: HL.51481254
ISBN 9790201812540. 9.25x12 inches.
“His present pieces must convince both connoisseurs and others alike of the unbiased opinion that Beethoven will in time become one of the greatest composers in Europe”, thus wrote Joseph Haydn, when informing the Elector in Bonn on the progress of his pupil in 1793. However, the elector replied that he was already familiar with parts of the Parthia Op. 103 that had been sent as evidence of the composer's progress. Beethoven had apparently only reworked an earlier composition. Nevertheless we must agree with Haydn: The Parthia and the Rondo WoO 25 that was originally intended as the final movement provide wonderful evidence of Beethoven's great skill. Henle's Urtext edition also contains additional parts for horns in F.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)