Wind Instruments Clarinet, Piano Accompaniment (Clarinet and Piano)
Clarinet in B-flat with Piano Reduction. Composed by Bernhard Henrik Crusell (1775-1838). Edited by Nicolai Pfeffer. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. For Clarinet in B-flat. Classical. Softcover. 34 pages. G. Henle #HN1210. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481210).
Item Number: HL.51481210
ISBN 9790201812106. 9.25x12.25 inches.
Following their edition of the Grand Concerto in F minor Op. 5 (51481209), Henle expands their series of Crusell's clarinet concertos to include the one in B-flat major Op. 11. The Swedish composer was himself a prominent clarinet virtuoso and the concertos were tailor-made for himself so to speak. Despite being technically very demanding, the Concerto in B-flat major avoids being overly virtuosic and wins us over with its melodic ingenuity. It is a very welcome addition to Henle's early Romantic repertoire for the clarinet. The clarinetist Nicolai Pfeffer edited the edition in an exemplary manner, consulting the sole surviving source, the first edition of 1829. Johannes Umbreit was responsible for the study score, which wonderfully fits the hands.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)