Wind Instruments French Horn, Piano Accompaniment (Horn and Piano)
For Horn in F and Piano. Composed by Alexander Glazunov (1865-1936). Edited by Dominik Rahmer. Arranged by Klaus Schilde. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. TCL 2016 Grade: 7. Classical. Paperbound. 13 pages. G. Henle #HN1285. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481285).
Item Number: HL.51481285
ISBN 9790201812854. 9.25x12.25 inches.
As a composer, Alexander Glazunov was as at home in the late Romantic symphony as he was in chamber music forms. His shorter solo pieces impress on account of their enchanting melodies and their attention to detail, which is also true of the Rêverie for horn and piano. Glazunov was himself a good horn player and played in several orchestras as a young student. It was at this time that Glazunov composed this highly romantic work in which he showed off the melodious qualities of this instrument to their best advantage. It is an effective recital piece, even for advanced pupils, and is being published for the first time as an Urtext edition; alongside the first edition Henle also consulted Glazunov's autograph in the National Library of Russia in St Petersburg for the first time.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)