Wind Instruments Clarinet, Piano Accompaniment (Clarinet and Piano)
Clarinet with Piano Reduction. Composed by Bernhard Henrik Crusell (1775-1838). Edited by Johannes Umbreit and Nicolai Pfeffer. Arranged by Johannes Umbreit. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. With additional Clarinet part in B. Piano reduction by Johannes Umbreit. Classical. Softcover. 48 pages. G. Henle #HN1209. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481209).
Item Number: HL.51481209
ISBN 9790201812090. 9.25x12 inches.
The Swedish composer Bernhard Henrik Crusell was long viewed as an insider tip among clarinettists; in the meantime, his concertos have found their way to the concert stage. This is hardly surprising considering the enchanting music with which Crusell - himself aclarinet virtuoso of international rank - has enriched the early romantic repertoire. Crusell's works needn't shy from a comparison with Weber's and Spohr's clarinet output. This Urtext edition of the F minor concerto marks the beginning of a new publication series of all three clarinet concertos by Crusell which has been entrusted to the editor and clarinetist Nicolai Pfeffer. Since he combines editorial experience with many years of performance practice, the works are in the best possible hands.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)