Orchestra (2 Fl, 2 Ob, 2 clarinet, 2 bassoon, 2 Hn, 2 Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass)
Composed by Gabriel Faure (1845-1924). Edited by Robin Tait. This edition: urtext edition. Stapled. Barenreiter Urtext. Score. Opus 50. Duration 7 minutes. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA07887. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA07887).
Item Number: BA.BA07887
ISBN 9790006534289. 31 x 24.3 cm inches. Text Language: English/French/German. Preface: Robin Tait.
Barenreiter's new scholarly-critical edition of Gabriel Faure's evergreen, the Pavane op. 50, has been edited by Robin Tait as part of the"Complete Works of Gabriel Faure".
The popularity of the work is mostly attributed to its many arrangements but the original version for orchestra is being published here for the first time. Shortly after completing the orchestral work, Faure began work on a version for choir, which was actually premiered before the orchestral version.
This new Barenreiter edition offers conductors and orchestras a reliable Urtext edition of the"Pavane's"original orchestral version which will surely enhance symphonic concert programmes everywhere.
- First edition of the original version for orchestra
- Urtext based on the"Complete Works of Gabriel Faure"
- Large format orchestral parts (25.5 x 32.5 cm)
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding