Chamber Ensemble 4 Horns and Piano (Score)
Four Horns and Piano Reduction. Composed by Robert Schumann. Edited by Ernst Herttrich. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Classical. Softcover. 85 pages. G. Henle #HN1138. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481138).
Item Number: HL.51481138
ISBN 9790201811383. 9.25x12.25 inches.
“Something quite curious, I believe” – It was thus that Robert Schumann described the Concert Piece for Four Horns and large orchestra in a letter and he did indeed break new ground with this work as far as the scoring and treatment of the instruments was concerned. When it was composed in 1849, the French horn was still fairly new, enabling players to play previously unheard-of runs and free modulations, a fact which Schumann made the most of, particularly with his scoring for four horns. Even today the Concert Piece is the romantic work for horn par excellence and a benchmark for all soloists.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)