2 solo soprano voice, solo alto voice (2Asolo), 3 solo tenor voice, 2 solo bass voice, Mixed choir:SSATTB, 2Mixed choir:SATTB, orchestra (2 Soprano Voice Solo, Alto Voice Solo(2 Alto Voice Solo), 3Tenor Voice Solo, 2 Bass Voice Solo, Mixed choir:SSATTB, 2 Mixed choir:SATTB, 3Zink, 3V, 3Va, Vc, double bass, 2 Fl, 2 recorder, 3trombone, trombone-B(low), (Org, Continuo))
Composed by Claudio Monteverdi (1567-1643). Edited by Hendrik Schulze. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. Score. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA08794. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA08794).
Item Number: BA.BA08794
ISBN 9790006537792. 31 x 24.5 cm inches. Language: Latin, Text Language: Latin. Preface: Hendrik Schulze.
Claudio Monteverdi'sVespro della Beata Vergineis without doubt one of the most popular sacred works of the 17th century. Apart from the many available recordings, it is frequently performed in its entirety or in parts.
The Urtext edition of this well-known work has unusual origins. It originated from a graduate seminar at the University of North Texas, under the direction of the Monteverdi specialist Hendrik Schulze.
The result is an edition which combines the latest in musicological research specifically with the needs of the performer in mind. This has led, for instance, to a divergent evaluation of theLauda Jerusalemoriented towards performance practice, with numerous additional accidentals and a new interpretation of the melodic variants from the different part books.
These new musical and performance practice insights make a modern interpretation of this 400-year-old work possible.
- Scholarly-critical Urtext edition orientated towards performance practice
- Detailed critical commentary (Eng) in the full score
- Movements 10, 13 and 14 are included in their original high clef in the appendix of the full score.
- These movements are also available with piano reduction as copy on request.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding