Wind Instruments Piano Accompaniment, Trombone (Trombone and Piano)
Trombone and Piano. Composed by Camille Saint-Saens (1835-1921). Edited by Dominik Rahmer. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. TCL 2016 Grade: 8. Classical. Softcover. 20 pages. G. Henle #HN1119. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481119).
Item Number: HL.51481119
ISBN 9790201811192. 9.25x12.25 inches.
Camille Saint-Saëns was always trying to expand the rather sparse repertoire for chamber music for wind instruments, something that is not least also shown by his three late wind sonatas for oboe, clarinet and bassoon respectively (HN 964, 965, 966). The trombone also came into its own as a solo instrument with the Cavatine, composed in 1915. It displays here its lyrical, romantic side. To date the Cavatine, an effective recital piece, is a milestone in the solo literature for advanced trombone players. Our Urtext edition is the first to take into account also the autograph in Paris.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)