Chamber Ensemble 2 Clarinets, 2 Horns and 2 Bassoons (Parts)
2 Clarinets (B-flat), 2 Horns (E-flat/B-flat and F), and 2 Bassoo. Composed by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827). Edited by Egon Voss. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. With parts for Horn in E flat and F. Classical. Paperbound. 42 pages. G. Henle #HN992. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480992).
Item Number: HL.51480992
ISBN 9790201809922. 9x12 inches.
Beethoven's Opus 71 is one of a series of works for mixed wind instruments, which he composed in the 1790s. In 1805 at a performance of the dance-like, lively work in Vienna, the audience praised its “lovely melodies” as well as the “wealth of new and surprising ideas.” Five years later Beethoven finally decided to publish the sextet. Our edition follows the musical text in the Beethoven Complete Edition and as usual, provides the original horn part in E flat as well as a transposed part in F. As a little extra it also contains the short March WoO 29, Beethoven's only other composition for two clarinets, horns and bassoons.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)